Monday, February 17, 2014

The first tri of the season is official



I'm registered for my first triathlon of the year! I'm going to start the season with the Olympic distance. I don't know if I'll get a personal best, since there's always a million variables that come with early-season races: Weather, new age groups, etc. Plus, it'll only be my second Olympic.

I had (most of) the day off today, and spent a good chunk of the afternoon at the pool. I got in 2800 meters, which is my longest swim ever. I even took ten minutes to relax in the hot tub. Aaaaah. Swimming at 6 a.m. when the hot tub doesn't open til 8 a.m. means this luxury doesn't come often.

I'm forcing myself to do some yoga now to make the most of my (mostly) day off and get the training week off to a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment