Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Bag lady



Most days after I hit the pool, I head back home to finish getting ready and make a nice breakfast before heading into the office. If I feel like living on the edge, my husband and I might go out for hash or poutine. I know, I know -- it's a crazy life I lead.

Today one of my client managers was in town, so we decided to catch up over breakfast at his hotel. It's been a looooooong time since I went directly to the office after the gym -- two jobs ago, at least -- and I forgot how much dang stuff you have to bring with you.
  • Lunch bag, for your healthy midday meal, of course. Had I not been off to a breakfast meeting, I would have had to bring breakfast, too.
  • Work bag, so I can actually do that job I'm heading off to. I opted for my smaller bag so it would fit in my gym locker. Starting your day with a computer missing from your car isn't my idea of a good time.
  • Gym bag, while although is a lot bigger than what I need to work out with -- I really only need goggles, earplugs, flip flops, a cap and my watch to swim -- was stuffed with all the clothes and accoutrements I need afterward. On a normal day, I don't bother to bring my toiletries with me, for example, since I'm just heading back home and I can moisturize there. 
I mean, for pete's sake, I even brought my toothbrush so I wouldn't traumatize anyone at the office with my coffee breath.

Lesson learned: I'm fortunate to be able to head back home before heading into work most days. Hopefully leaving all this stuff at home saves me from some back problems later. No one needs a hernia in transition 1!

No comments:

Post a Comment