Monday, May 3, 2021

Week in review April 26-May 2: A lighter week and a virtual race

The first part of last week was the same ol' boring routine: Ride my trainer, go for a few runs, do my PT, do core and weights.

I lightened things up a bit on Friday because I knew I would want to run a virtual half-marathon over the weekend, likely on Sunday. (Race report coming.) So I swapped my Friday speed run for a shakeout, and took Saturday completely off. I hadn't planned to, but I got busy with errands and enjoying the day, and decided I needed a rest day.

So, last week saw relatively a lot of running, although my volume isn't THAT much higher than past weeks. I still did all my PT and all my yoga, and only skipped one each weights and trainer ride, so it still ended up a good week, I think.

The virtual race was just enough to shake things up a little bit without too much disruption. I'm not a huge virtual racer, but this was a local company I wanted to support.
Lots of running and decent amounts of other stuff.
Overall, last week was:

Run: Three times, all on the road, for 25.75 miles in about 4:02. This included the virtual half, a shakeout run, and an easy run earlier in the week.

PT/Pre-hab: Six times, my usual three mobility and three running PT, for about 3:45.

Bike: Three times, all on the trainer, for 51 fake trainer miles in about 3:10.

Weights: Twice, one core and one barre app, for about 1:15.

Yoga: Three times, all via the Down Dog app, for about 45 minutes.

Total: 17 sessions for just less than 13 hours.

Not a super rock star week, but still a good week with some fun mixed in. I hope you all are having good weeks, too.



No comments:

Post a Comment