Tuesday, May 18, 2021

May 10-16 week in review: A front-loaded week and then a road trip

A decent mix of activities, considering.
My husband and I took a road trip last week. He had to take care of some business, so we decided to make a fun mini-vacation out of it. We were as safe as we thought we could be: We are fully vaccinated, we wore our masks in all indoor spaces and on public transportation, we stayed in a private condo rather than a hotel, etc. It was the first time either of us had been anywhere in a year and a half and we had a great time. We just got home a few hours ago, hence my delay in reviewing last week's workouts.

We headed out Thursday morning so I wanted to make sure to stay tightly on task Monday through Wednesday. I wasn't sure how much time and availability I would have to work out on this trip so I figured front-loading the week was the smart thing to do. As it turns out, I was right: The only exercise we did Thursday and Friday was walking around, and we barely moved on Saturday, when it rained most of the day.

I did manage a run and my usual run-day yoga on Sunday. It was nice to get outside and burn off some of those vacation indulgences, and see a little bit of the city as a local rather than a tourist. All in all, I think the week was a good balance of relaxation and movement.

Workout wise, this was:

Run: Twice, both on the road, for 14.5 miles in about 2:19. This was my usual Wednesday evening peppy run, and my Sunday run on the road. I wasn't trying to set any records here, just get some miles in.

Bike: Twice, both on the trainer, for 34 fake miles in about 2:04. I did these early in the week before we left.

PT/Pre-hab: Three times, 2 mobility and 1 PT, for about 1:30. I did one thing every day before we left and nothing on the road.

Weights: Twice, one core session and one video, for about 1:20. Again, I did these before we left.

Yoga: Twice, both the Down Dog app, for about 30 minutes total. I was able to do one of these on the road.

Total: 11 sessions for about 7:43. A light week for me, but still, I'm happy that I got some movement in early in the week and while we were gone.

It was fun to take a trip, but things aren't back to normal yet and I'm happy to be back in my relatively safe home. I plan on keeping to myself for a while, going out as little as possible, getting back into a workout routine, and hopefully enjoying some of the hot weather that's expected to come our way.

Whether you are staying safe at home or taking some safe trips, I hope you're also getting in some good workouts and some nice relaxation, too.



No comments:

Post a Comment