Monday, May 24, 2021

May 17-23 week in review: Back from vacation and back in the swing of things

My husband and I had a very nice, quick trip out of town, but we were happy to come back home early last week. We managed a run the morning before we left, and I did some yoga before I went to bed that night, and then the next day, Wednesday, I tried to get back into my usual schedule.

I had a late work night Thursday, but I was able to plan ahead and finagle my week a little bit. I wanted to get out and run earlier in the day on Friday, but it was in the mid-80s in the afternoon, way too hot for a speedy run. I did my PT shortly after I logged off and did my run later, after the heat of the day was starting to break. Not ideal, but I got it done.

It was also super duper hot for my run Sunday. I wanted to do somewhere between 8 and 9.5 but ran out of water at about 8.5. I wanted to live to run another day so I called it then.

Of course, it wasn't a great week training-wise, but considering I was gone for a day and a half I think I did pretty darn good:
Crappy screen shot but not too crappy of a week.
Bike: Three times, all on the trainer, for 55 fake trainer "miles" in about 3:24.

Run: Three times, all on the road, for 19.5 miles in about 3:21. This included a very easy run with my husband before we left for home, a peppy run in blazing heat, and a medium run in blazing heat. 'Tis the season.

PT/Pre-hab: Four times, two mobility and two PT sessions, for about 2:30.

Weights: Twice, one video and one barre app, for about 2:05. We had last-minute plans on Saturday so I didn't have time for my heavy/weights routine, so I squeezed in a video on Sunday instead.

Yoga: Three times, all Down Dog app, for about 45 minutes.

Total: 15 session for about 12:05. Still, not too shabby!

I can't believe there's only a week left in May. I'm not sure what I'll be able to accomplish training-wise in these last few days, with this heat wave we're having and trying to fit in all my other obligations, but it does feel good to be home. My outdoor pool just opened for the season and I'd love to get over there. I'm not signed up for any races, yet, but we'll see how these next few weeks go.

I hope you all are staying healthy, safe, and cool out there.



No comments:

Post a Comment