Monday, May 10, 2021

Week in review May 3-9: Back to my basic (boring) routine

Typical week, atypical screen shot because I’m still having minor computer issues. 

Last week marked a kind of return to normal. I had run my virtual half marathon the Sunday before, so after a few easy trainer rides my legs were pretty much back to normal. Running was easy-ish last week but still OK. I was helping out a friend on Saturday and didn't have time for my heavy/body weights, but I still got in my usual three workouts by the end of the week. And PT and yoga were on point.

There was nothing out of the ordinary last week except for finishing my Milky Way 26K with a dedicated 5K on Friday. My legs still weren't feeling great, but they felt well enough for a zippy run. Honestly, I think pandemic fatigue is getting to me. I'm still not sleeping very well and training is helping me stay sane.

By the numbers, it was:

Bike: Four times, all on the trainer, for 75 fake trainer miles in about 4:34.

PT/Pre-hab: Six sessions, three mobility plus three running PT, for about 3:45.

Run: Three times, all on the road, for 21.5 miles in about 3:26.

Weights: Three times including one core, one video, and one barre app, for about 2:20 total.

Yoga: Three times, all using the Down Dog app, for 45 minutes total.

Total: 19 sessions for about 14:50.

I feel like a broken record but I really mean it when I say boring is good right now.

These next two weeks will be a little abnormal because my husband has to go out of town and I'm going with him to try to make a long weekend out of it. It will be the first time we've traveled anywhere in a year and a half. I'm a little nervous, but we're driving and staying in a condo by ourselves. We'll bring masks and hand sanitizer and be extra careful.

I hope your training is going well out there, as well, and that you are staying safe.



No comments:

Post a Comment