Monday, April 26, 2021

April 19-25 Week in review: Every week is exactly the same

Apologies to my boy Trent.

Last week was definitely one where I felt like I was living in a Groundhog Day loop. I know there are worse things than doing the same workouts week after week, so I'm trying to keep things in perspective. Boring is not bad right now.

I did have a couple of, I don't know I would call it excitement, but irregularities last week that helped shake things up. I did an FTP test and "failed," but I feel OK about it because I know my cycling is in a much better place than it was months or a year ago. I took Thursday and Friday off, and used some of the extra time to run on a trail by my old office. I'm doing a virtual half marathon in the next couple of weeks, so my longest run last week was 8 miles.

Boring is good, boring builds bases, hopefully boring will help me do well at races. =)

Nothing exciting to see here.

Last week was:

Bike: Four times, all on the trainer, for 75 fake miles in about 4:39. Indoor riding is still feeling good. I am hoping to get my roadie outside sometime in the next month or so.

PT/Pre-hab: Six times, three mobility and three running PT, for 3:45. Nothing out of the ordinary here.

Run: Three times, all on the road, for 23.25 miles in about 3:42. This was an easy run, a medium run, and a peppy run. Except for slightly reduced volume, nothing out of the ordinary here.

Weights: Three times including one core session, one video, and one heavy/body session for about 2:50.

Yoga: Three times, all via the Down Dog app, for 45 minutes total.

Total: 19 sessions for about 15:42. It might not have been full of excitement, but it was a good week volume-wise.

Plans for this week include a slight running taper and trying to do my virtual half over the weekend. I have a range of days to complete it, so I'm going to try to go on a day that's not too hot and when I don't feel too bad.

Other than that, it will be a boring week once again, hopefully in a good way. I hope all of you are having boring weeks in a good way as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment