Wednesday, April 14, 2021

You don't have to outrun the bear

I was going through old pictures recently and reflecting on all the sports and activities I've done over the years. I've never had any real talent at any sport, but I made up for it with stubbornness. I showed up every day and worked hard, and eventually through brute force I improved, whether it was tennis in high school or swimming as an adult.

It made me think, Maybe that's why I love triathlon so much. Unless you're a pro, you don't really have to be GOOD at swim, bike, and run. You just have to work harder than the person behind you.

And that reminded me of the old joke: You don't have to outrun the bear, you just have to outrun the other guy outrunning the bear.

Maybe there's a profound thought in there somewhere.



No comments:

Post a Comment