Friday, April 23, 2021

I "failed" an FTP test today, but that's OK

Still a lot of hard work.
I "failed" an FTP test today, but can you really fail an FTP test?

I've been putting off re-testing my max power for a while and decided today was the day. I hung on as long as I could but my recommended new power was two watts lower than my current power. I declined the new number.

My current FTP is as high as it's ever been and I knew that, even though I've been working hard, I might not get any additional power this time around. And I feel totally OK with. I'll keep working hard and test again in a week or so.

More important than power for me right now is consistency, and I've been riding four times per week almost robotically for months. Sooner or later, that will pay off.

I hope you're having a great training week!



No comments:

Post a Comment