Monday, April 12, 2021

Week in review April 5-11: Slightly lighter volume because I GOT MY SECOND COVID VACCINE

Not even complaining. Still a good week.
The week started off pretty normally. I got in my usual bike rides and my Wednesday easy run. I had high hopes to get up early Friday and squeeze in my run before work, but it didn't happen. But I don't care, because more importantly, I got my second COVID vaccine on Friday.

I ended up skipping my Friday run and PT for the vaccine, but felt fine enough on Saturday to do an easy, long trainer ride. I probably could have done a weights workout, but I decided to err on the side of caution and skip that, too. By the time Sunday came around, I felt even better and did a 10-mile run to celebrate. I ended the weekend strong with my usual PT and yoga.

One unusual thing about this past week is that all three times I did yoga, I did it earlier in the evening rather than right before bed. I don't know if it's better or worse, just different. Sometimes I'm sweaty and gross and want a shower and a chance to cool down. Sometimes I just want to knock it out before I eat dinner or whatever. I think the more important thing is that I'm getting it done, right?

Anyway, last week was:

Bike: Four times, all on the trainer, for 75 fake trainer miles in about 4:41.

Run: Twice, both on the road, for 17.75 miles in about 2:53. My 10-miler felt pretty good until the last 1.5, when my knee let me know it was ready to be done. It wasn't so bad I had to quit, but definitely something to pay attention to for next time. It feels fine today.

PT/Pre-hab: Five times, three mobility and two PT, for about 2:45.

Weights: Twice, one Monday core and one video, for about 1:20.

Yoga: Three times, all Down Dog app, for 45 minutes. Even though I only ran twice last week, I did one extra yoga session the day after my vaccine to make sure I was getting enough gentle movement.

Total: 16 sessions for about 12:24. I will take it!

Michigan is getting walloped by the virus right now and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared. I just hope we can get vaccines in arms fast enough to make a difference. I will be staying home for at least the next two weeks and masked up until we're through this mess. Please be careful and stay safe out there.




No comments:

Post a Comment