Monday, November 30, 2020

Week in review Nov. 23-29: Lower in running volume but higher in turkey

Not a bad week at all
My knee was feeling a bit tender this week so I backed off on the running volume a bit. Not to worry, as I still got in a good solo Turkey Trot and plenty of actual turkey for Thanksgiving.

The weather was pretty bad for the first half of the week anyway, and I didn't feel bad about skipping a run on a day when it was drizzling cold rain. I was able to enjoy some decent-for-November running weather on Thursday, Friday, and Sunday, so I'll take that as a win.

In addition to too much turkey, I also did an FTP test on Saturday. Considering it's been over a year, I was happy for any improvement at all. I'm glad I sucked it up and finally got it done. Now I have something solid to work for all winter.

The rest of the week was pretty normal, even for having a few days off. I rode, I ran, I lifted, I did my PT and some yoga. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Training totals were:

Bike: Three times, all on the trainer, for 62 fake miles in almost exactly 4 hours. I rode a little extra on one of my days off and when I saw how close I was to 62, I knew I had to hit that metric century mark.

Run: Three times, all on the road, for 16.8 miles in about 3 hours. I hit an odd number this week with the turkey trot, but it was still a good week. It was all easy running, nothing to stress my knee too much, and mostly to get outside and enjoy some fresh air.

Weights: Twice, one online barre class and one of my heavy/body routines, for about 2:25. The one-legged squat sits in a chair were only slightly easier this week, but I'm getting there.

PT/Pre-hab: Five times, three of my mobility routine and twice for my running rehab homework, for about 2 hours. 

Yoga: Twice for about 30 minutes total.

Total: 15 sessions for not quite 12 hours. Still a darn good week, especially considering there was a full day off in there.

I made the most of some holiday time off and got in some good workouts along with my turkey cooking and ridiculous amount of sweets eating. Overall, it was a darn good Thanksgiving week. I hope yours was fun, relaxing, and safe as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment