Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Belated week in review Oct. 26-Nov. 1: Lots of running and lots of sessions

Lots of running and a good number of sessions overall.
Better late than never, I guess. We've been ... a little distracted here in Michigan and especially in Detroit.

To deal with the election week stress I ran a lot and did a ton of PT last week. I also had a complete day off for the first time in more than a month. I do OK with a couple of "easy" days rather than full days off, at least in this stage of my life. I imagine I'll be revisiting that as I get older, but for now, and for my sanity, I have been running or biking almost every single day.

The day off was Halloween, which is a pretty good day to fart around and eat too much, anyway. We got a late start on the day, and then our friends talked us into a socially distant barbecue, so we went with the flow instead of my trying to squeeze in a workout. We made it home in time to enjoy the Bing Crosby/Disney Ichabod Crane special, which my husband insists we watch every year.

I also tried to send off Daylight Saving Time with a bang by getting up early and running on Sunday, since it was supposed to rain and be windy later in the day. It might have been sunny but it was cold, and my body still hurt from Friday's speed run. I swung by home to take our hyperactive mutt with me on the last 2 miles (she LOOOOOOOVES to run with Mommeh) but she ended up turning her paw about halfway through that, and we had to walk home. I was glad to be DONE with that run, finally.

Overall, it was:

Run: Four times, all on the road, for 29.5 miles in about 4:52. This was two easy runs, a long run on my furlough day, and that speed run on Friday (alternating fast miles). This is about my max for weekly mileage, and I'm fine with that.

PT/Pre-hab: SIX!!! times, three mobility and three PT sessions for about 2:30. Not a coincidence that I'm logging high-for-me mileage and doing lots of PT at the same time. I am feeling good and noticed today that I'm doing a couple of my mobility moves slightly more easily, so, success?

Weights: Twice, one video and one online barre class, for about 2:05. I haven't lifted heavy in a while but I am keeping up with a twice-weekly routine. I just feel so much better when I lift twice a week.

Bike: Twice, both on the trainer, for 32 fake trainer miles in about 2:04. I skipped my Saturday ride to celebrate Halloween, and I'm OK with that.

Yoga: Twice for about 35 minutes total.

Total: 16 sessions for about 12:06. Not my best week but a darn good week. I'm amazed I'm averaging 2+ sessions a day, and 12-13 hours seems to be a good range for solid training without overdoing it.

I hope you're staying safe and mentally healthy out there. Go for a run if it will make you feel better. Stay in and eat dark chocolate (ahem) if it will make you feel better. I know I've been looking at a LOT of cute puppy pics. Here is a pic of my mutts to get you started:


No comments:

Post a Comment