Monday, November 16, 2020

Week in review Nov. 9-15: Squeezing runs into a rough week

Not a bad week for training, all things considered.
Ugh — last week was a rough one. I got a one-two punch of bad work news on both Monday and Tuesday. I was able to sneak offline at the end of the day Monday to squeeze in a run before it got too dark, but I had to work way too late for a workout Tuesday. I needed to do something different so I ran trails on Wednesday, which ended up being an amazing time and just what I needed.

Things settled down and got less stressful a bit later in the week. I had to work late again Friday, but this time I knew in advance and was able to block off time in the afternoon to do an easy run before my online meeting. I was still stiff and sore from my trail run so I just did some easy miles.

Other than mid-week work stress, I managed to most of my "usual" workouts: four runs, two weights sessions, and some yoga. I only really missed one bike ride and one session of PT. So, considering everything, I'll take it.

Overall, last week was:

Run: Four times, all on the road, for 27 miles in about 4:42. Each run got colder as the week went on, which made me sad. Yesterday (Sunday) was so windy one gust of wind blew my running leg into my other leg, which almost knocked me over. But, it was good to be out there in the fresh air. I layered up and tried to make it work.

Bike: Twice, both on the trainer, for 40 fake miles in about 2:47. This was one easy ride and one easy-ish 1.5-hour ride. Nothing out of the ordinary here.

Weights: Twice, one online barre class and one heavy/body session. Again, ordinary stuff here.

PT/Pre-hab: Five times, 3 mobility sessions and 2 running pre-hab sessions, for about 1:55. Eh, at least I got my mobility work in.

Yoga: Just once for 15 minutes. Better than nothing.

Total: 14 sessions in just longer than 12 hours. A good week, considering. 

I took a few days off this week and I am hoping some rest and recharge will do me good. Michigan's COVID numbers keep going up and up so I'm sticking with the outdoor runs and inside rides. Hopefully you all are staying safe and sane out there.



No comments:

Post a Comment