Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Week in review Nov. 2-8: Another solidly boring week

Not a bad week and some solid running.
Boring is good these days, and last week was pretty boring overall training-wise. Solid running, decent biking, a good amount of other stuff.

Of course, anyone who doesn't live under a rock understands that last week was a rough one for any American, anyone identifying as a woman, or a person of color, or LGBTQ+, or a believer in democracy, who has an inkling of politics, etc. etc. etc. etc. Let's just say I'm glad it's over and I'm pretty sure my boss is too, since we were all pretty useless last week. But one thing I did do to try to relieve election-related stress was get in some good workouts, and it definitely helped.

Last week included:

Run: Four times, all on the road, for 30 miles in about 5:02. This is a HUGE week for me. This included one butt-early run on Monday morning when I knew I had an evening work event Monday evening, a long run (11 miles) on Wednesday, a speed run Friday, and an easy run Sunday. I'm doing OK with the back-to-back easy runs on Sunday and Monday. And, I don't see myself going any longer during the week. There's really no point right now for me to go longer than 2 hours or so, except for a nice mental break in the middle of the week.

Bike: Three times, all on the trainer, for 57 fake miles in about 3:44. Nothing out of the ordinary here, either; just two one-hour rides and my usual hour-and-a-half ride on Saturday. I've been putting off re-testing my FTP and I just need to suck it up and do it. I just don't want to accept that winter is here.

PT/Pre-hab: Six times, three PT sessions and three mobility sessions, for about 2:30. I am stubbornly doing the PT and loving the shorter yet useful mobility sessions.

Weights: Twice, one video and one heavy/body session, for about 2:30. I just feel so much better when I can lift twice in a week. I haven't done my heavy/body routine in weeks and my lats were sore for DAYS after doing pullups.

Yoga: Once for 20 minutes. I need to work in another session during the week, but my regular Sunday night yoga helps a lot.

Total: 16 sessions for a bit longer than 14 hours. A very good week for me!

There was still no swimming last week, since I'm not comfortable going to the gym, but that's OK. And I remembered that after one of the Opens in the last few weeks, I ordered a box of tennis balls, which I promptly forgot about. I should have taken advantage of one of the abnormally warm days this past week and hit, but I wanted to squeeze in as much running as I possibly could. Eh, I'm sure I'll be looking for reasons to get outside even in the snow once it gets to be officially winter.

If you're training, I hope it's keeping you balanced and not stressed. And I hope things are pleasantly boring right now. We do NOT need any more excitement for a while.



No comments:

Post a Comment