Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Week in review Oct. 12-18: Some good running and a decent week

Lots of running in an overall decent week.
Last week was pretty standard. I did some decent running, a bit of trainer riding, and some other stuff. Not great, not terrible, somewhere right in the middle.

One thing that did NOT make me happy is that the weather turned early in the week. It warmed up again later, but there's no question that fall weather is here and winter isn't far behind. I feel like we don't get much spring or fall anymore; it's either hot or cold. Even my runs this week were ear warmers and gloves or shorts and a t-shirt, with not much in between.

Oh well. This season is surely going to test my outdoor running fortitude since I'm not comfortable going to the gym right now and our treadmill needs a tuneup. I guess the sooner we get it over with, the better. 

Other than running weather adventures, the week was pretty boring. Our plans Saturday fell through so I had to skip my heavy weights session, but I did an online barre class Sunday instead. I didn't do as much PT or mobility as I would have liked, but I still got some done. Outside of training, I spent some time in the kitchen (tomato sauce, pesto, zucchini bread, and chili), watched college football for the first time in a while (which I have mixed feelings about, but I did marry into a football family), scrubbed the kitchen, lazed around on Sunday and ate bacon ... you know, the usual stuff.

Training was:

Run: Four times, all on the road, for 28.5 miles in about 4:45. I am feeling good with this volume of running. I am just starting to do one run resembling speed work and just starting to hit double digits for a weekly long run, with the other two as easy. It's working for me.

Bike: Three times, all on the trainer, for 56 fake trainer miles in about 3:38. I am delaying making Trainer Road goals because then I will have to accept I am indoors for the season -- ha. I mean, n + 1, right? No cartilage in my left knee means I'm not a skier, so maybe I need a fat bike to ride in the snow and keep things exciting this winter.

Weights: Twice, one video and one online barre class. I made it work. 

PT/Pre-hab: Four times, 2 mobility sessions and 2 running PT homework sessions, for about 1:40. I am loving doing mobility work a few times per week to change it up.

Yoga: Once for 20 minutes.

Total: 14 sessions in about 12:28. This is still an average of 2 per day so I can't even be a little mad about that.

These next few weeks are going to be stressful for me. I have a bunch of errands and to-dos to knock out this week, and then there's the election and a huge work project next week and the week after. I might have to cut back on some workouts for my own sanity, and that's OK. For now, I am going to continue my little routine of run, ride, PT, lift occasionally, yoga occasionally.

I hope you all are staying healthy and safe.



No comments:

Post a Comment