Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Week in review Sept. 28-Oct. 4: Gloomy weather, decent training

Run, bike, take a nap.
Hi yi yi. It's been A Week. Last week was A Week. When was the last week that wasn't A Week? I don't even know anymore.

I've been trying to cram too much into my evenings so I haven't been over here very much lately. 'Tis the season for making and freezing tomato sauce and getting into a fall running routine, and I've been working on both. Work has been busy and I have been logging off later than I would like. But I'm chugging along the best I can, running and riding and PT-ing in the evenings.

One thing that affected last week's training was a decent amount of rain. I ended up taking last Monday completely off due to the rain and to just being tired. On Wednesday I ran errands in the rain instead of doing my usual furlough day training. But honestly, I can't bring myself to care too much about keeping a strict training schedule since there are no races coming up. If I can enjoy myself and stay in decent shape to help counteract some of the pandemic stress eating, I'm calling it good.

Last week's belated numbers were: 

Run: Three times, all on the road, for 23 miles in about 3:50. This was a medium-ish run on Tuesday, an easy run on Thursday, and a long-ish run on Saturday. I ended up taking a random, long nap Saturday afternoon and then banged 9 miles, my longest in months. Usually you run first and then nap, so maybe I was a little confused? (Haha.) Not a shabby week even skipping Monday's easy run.

Bike: Three times, all on the trainer, for 56 fake trainer miles in about 3:41. I did two shorter, more challenging rides during the week and kept my longer ride Sunday easy while watching tennis.

PT/Pre-hab: Four times, two of my running PT sessions and two mobility sessions, for about 1:40. Adding in mobility a few times a week is going well. I'm not leaping off tall buildings or anything, but I do feel a smidge less creaky.

Weights: One online barre class plus some pullups and pushups for about an hour. This was the first weights workout I've done in a while — ugh. But at least I did something.

Yoga: One quick 15-minutes session to try to stretch out my hamstrings and hips.

Total: 12 sessions for about 10:26. I mean, still not terrible? Any time I can hit double-digit training hours is a pretty good week.

I'm sad my outdoor pool is closed but I don't think I'm comfortable using an indoor pool right now, so I'm going to have to make do with a lot of running and trainer riding this fall. I'm hopeful the weather holds out for good fall running. I hope you are getting in some safe outdoor time and enough training to keep you healthy and sane.



No comments:

Post a Comment