Monday, April 15, 2019

Week in review April 8-14: Small victories

Comparatively lots of biking.
Last week was one of those weeks where even accomplishing the smallest task feels like a feat of strength getting it done and a victory when it’s over. I got a late start pretty much every day, I only did the bare bones of training, and I ended up taking two days off. Not the greatest week.

I did have one victory in that I increased my FTP again. I did the 20-minute test through Trainer Road on Monday, and am confident that I could not have lasted for even one more minute. My next rides were more challenging, of course, but not unreasonably so. Biking on the trainer was the one thing that was a solid success last week. I even rallied after a lazy Saturday morning and put in a good 1.5 hours when I really wanted to go take a nap.

Other than that, though, all I did was one weights video, one PT session, and one PT homework session. I’m glad I did any weights, PT is coming along, and my PT homework was a monster session of all my homework from both my knee and hamstring injuries. Even though I could have done more, at least I did something.

And, it wasn’t like I did nothing useful. Friday’s day off was because my husband and I took advantage of the first nice day of the year and had an outdoor happy hour. Sunday’s day off was spent getting groceries, food prepping, and cooking a special Game of Thrones-inspired dinner. Not bad reasons to take a break.

So, let’s call last week a recovery week, and hopefully I can jump right back into it today.

By the numbers:

Bike: Three times, all on the trainer, for 49.5 fake trainer miles in about 3:34.

PT: Twice, one in-person session and one homework session, for about 2:15.

Weights: One video for about 55 minutes.

Total: 6 sessions in about 6:44. Not great, but not terrible, and I’ll take it.

This week is going to be another weird week – I already have a long overdue hair appointment one evening and PT another evening, I have Friday off work but have already scheduled an oil change and optometrist appointments, and I need to clean the condo Friday/Saturday because we are having family over before we go out for Easter dinner on Sunday. I really have no idea what I’ll be able to do or when.

I’m going to do what I can and hope for the best. Maybe the Easter Bunny will bring me some magical house-cleaning fairies or a few extra hours! I’ll plan on the chocolate, though, just in case.



No comments:

Post a Comment