Saturday, April 27, 2019

Still grumpy about PT

Point and flex my toes to strengthen ... something.
I’ve been going to PT once a week these last three weeks, and my mood hasn’t improved about it. I arrive crabby because I know it’s going to hurt; there are some exercises I do that are painful in my hamstring.

And, my SI joint is all screwed up as a result of my hamstring being too tight, or my hamstring has locked up due to my SI joint being all screwed up. We haven’t figured that part out yet. I don’t remember hamstring issues the last time my SI joint was bothering me, though, so who knows.

I was in a much better place mentally when I was in PT for my knee and I’m not sure what has changed. In both situations I was in a bit of pain and I knew PT would address underlying issues. Maybe because knee PT never actually hurt and hamstring PT does? Maybe because I am not happy I have to go through this again? Maybe because the knee was an acute thing and I’ve resigned myself this time around to lifelong issues now that I’m a year older?

Sadly, I have appointments for the next two weeks at least and no clearance to return to running. So, there’s not even a light at the end of the PT tunnel at this point.

If there’s any silver lining to this, the weather is taking yet another turn for the worse this weekend, so at least I’m not missing any good running weather.

Sincerely,

Oscar(etta) the Grouch(y Non-Runner)



No comments:

Post a Comment