Monday, April 22, 2019

Week in review April 15-21: Not very “hoppy” with how the week turned out

A good week for trainer rides but not much else.
Guys, it was a week. I really struggled to do my workouts, even with a day off work on Friday. I’m not happy about having to go back to PT. I’m not happy that I’m not running. I don’t care if I never swim again. I feel like my get up and go, got up and went.

I ended up with three days off from training last week: I got a haircut and color Thursday after work, I spent all day Friday running errands and cleaning, and yesterday (Sunday) I was busy with family coming over for Easter, and then food prep all day. I’m sure I could have squeezed in a bit of yoga or a half hour of PT homework during the morning, but I also wanted to relax and enjoy some coffee before the chaos started. By then I was mentally writing the week off as a wash, anyway, and a nice cup of coffee and doggo belly rubs can be self-care, which is also healthy, right?

The one thing I have been consistent with is my trainer cycling. Last week was the sixth week in a row that I’ve done three rides, two shorter rides of about an hour during the week and a longer ride of about an hour and a half on the weekend. At the very least, I have that going for me even if I don’t do anything else.

Last week shook out to be:

Bike: Three times, all on the trainer, for 51 fake trainer miles in about 3:35.

PT: Twice, one in-person therapy session and one homework session, for about 1:30. I have no excuse; I just dropped the ball on this last week.

Yoga: After a day of errands and cleaning Friday my lower back was really hurting me, so I did 15 minutes of yoga before bed. It wasn’t enough to make it feel good, but it was better. My SI joint still feels like it’s a bit out of place, even with a few different stretches and ways to loosen it as my PT demonstrated to me. The whole left side of me from the hips down has been the bane of my existence for years now. It’s getting old. (And so am I, apparently.)

Total: Six sessions in about 5:20. Not great.

I didn’t do any weights last week. I prioritized trainer rides after work and also after I ran out of steam and took a nap on Saturday – it was rainy, gloomy, and cold out, and my body couldn’t resist. I also didn’t make it to the pool.

One thing I DID do was not pack too many stressful things into one evening. Most evenings I did one workout, showered, made dinner, relaxed, and went to bed at a reasonable hour. So, yay for me for not cramming too much stress into an evening, I guess? Also, we ordered dinner in only once during the week, not counting Easter dinner yesterday, and I consumed only a reasonable amount of Easter chocolate and mimosas yesterday. More small victories.

Today kicks off a new week and I’m going to prioritize some solid workouts. I’m working an event tomorrow night so I know my week will be screwy on that end, but I’ll try to take a late morning Wednesday and maybe get in an extra session then. I’ll focus on trainer rides, eating well, and not stressing out too much, and hopefully everything else will fall into place, too.

I hope you had a hoppy Easter if you celebrate and even if you don’t, are enjoying some 50% off candy today.



No comments:

Post a Comment