Monday, April 29, 2019

Week in review April 22-28: Feeling like I’m getting back on track

A much better variety last week.
It was a better week last week, as far as training goes. Even with two days of no training, I managed to rally for a nice, long day on Saturday and some pre-Game of Thrones yoga Sunday, which is more than what I’ve done in a while.

My two days off training came about after I had to work a special event Tuesday evening, making it a 15-hour work day, and when I came home Friday and hid in bed under the blankets for a while. I eventually got hungry enough that I came out for wine and crackers, but I was not in the head space for a workout, so another rest day it was.

I did something active the other five days, and cooked healthy-ish dinners six days, so I’ll take that as a win. My activity ended up at:

Bike: Three times, all on the trainer, for 50.25 fake trainer miles in about 3.5 hours. This is the one thing I’ve managed to keep consistent for the past seven weeks now and I’m going to ride it (heh) as long as possible. This might be extremely optimistic but the area closed off from car traffic begins this coming Saturday, so I maaayyyyy get to ride outside safely then, provided the weather holds up.

PT: One in-person therapy session and two homework sessions for about 2.75 hours total. Not great but at least I’m doing something during the week. I went through all my knee and hamstring exercises on Saturday and it took for-ev-errrrrr. It’s just so discouraging.

Weights: Hey, I actually did some weights: one of my heavy/body routines on Saturday for about 1.25 hours. I did almost as many reps as I did on the last go-round a few weeks ago, so it was nice to see I hadn’t lost that much strength.

Yoga: One 15-minute session Sunday evening of pigeons, down dogs, twists, etc.

Total: 8 sessions in about 7:47. Not bad.

I am looking forward to not having any work commitments in the evenings this week and maybe even making it back to barre. It’s supposed to rain, but I don’t have clearance to try running again yet anyway, so I guess now is the time to be on the injured list. If I can do my usual Monday-night trainer ride and healthy (ish) dinner, I’m hoping that momentum will carry me for at least a couple of days. That and caffeine, of course.



2 comments:

  1. Maybe you're destined to be a bike racer :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL -- that would be quite a stretch considering the bike is the discipline I am the least good at XD but you never know!

      Delete