Monday, April 8, 2019

Week in review April 1-7: At least bike training and weights is still on point

Not bad training minutes last week.
It wasn’t great, but last week was good enough and I definitely could have done worse. After spending last Friday evening and all day Saturday with family, I was looking forward to relaxing and training all this weekend. Joke was on me because I ended up having family come into town for a few hours Sunday. But we had fun, caught up on each other’s lives, ate delicious food, and did a LOT of walking, so it all worked out.

Training was pretty consistent all week, with me doing something from Monday through Saturday (and even the Sunday before to make seven days in a row). That included three bike trainer rides, two weights sessions, and two physical therapy sessions for my hamstring. I really had high hopes to do some yoga but I was so tired yesterday (Sunday) after the family day and cramming in a few hours of food prep, I was exhausted and just went to bed.

By the numbers, last week was:

Bike: Three times, all on the trainer, for 50.25 fake trainer “miles” in about 3.5 hours.

PT: Four times, two in-person physical therapy sessions and two homework sessions, for about 2.75 hours.

Weights: Twice, one barre class and one heavy/body session, for about 2.25 hours. I was able to do another half pull-up or so and I am feeling it today.

Total: 9 sessions for almost 8.5 hours. Not bad!

I didn’t make it to the pool, and I could have done some yoga, and I probably could have done more PT, but it was still a good showing. I got in a good mix of training, downtime, personal work, and fun. I cooked dinner every night from Tuesday through Saturday. I didn’t get enough sleep, but I’m working on that.

I'm already off to a good start this week and am hoping to build on last week to have an even better week, this week. Happy training.



No comments:

Post a Comment