Thursday, January 3, 2019

Update on fourth-quarter workout and casual goals for 2018

I set a goal back in October that I wanted to do 100 workouts – anything ranging from 15-minute yoga sessions to long runs – between Oct. 1 and the end of the year. I figured if I averaged 7-8 workouts per week, I could accomplish it.

Well, I smashed that goal by hitting 100 workouts a week and a half into December. With about three weeks to go and some time off from work, I managed another 30 workouts for a total of 131 workouts between Oct. 1 and Dec. 31. This ranged from one really good week of 13 and three weeks of 12 to my lowest of 6 workouts during a busy week. Which is still pretty darn good!
Not bad!
I wanted to stay accountable and NOT become a lazy slug during the holidays, and it worked. Hooray! It was nice to still fit into my work pants yesterday, when I put them on for the first time in two weeks, haha.

I also did pretty well with the casual goals I had set for myself at the beginning of 2018. I wanted to work through my health issues; I am better medicated than I ever have been for my thyroid, and I continue to strengthen my knee through at-home PT exercises. I wanted to start a training schedule that gets me back to racing; I did my first duathlon this year and rocked a virtual 5K.

I wanted to run some cool places; I did some run/walks in California on vacation. I wanted to work on incorporating whole-body health, such as yoga and pre-hab; I wasn’t great at this but I made some good improvements later this year, so I’ll take it.

I wanted to keep a healthy work-life-training-family-friends-other balance; I think I did pretty well with this, spending lots of time with friends and family this year, getting home at a decent hour most nights, and even traveling to Costa Rica. And I wanted to have fun this year; it wasn’t all work. I still enjoyed myself with good food, good times, and good people.

I haven’t decided if or what goals I am going to tackle for 2019. I have some training and racing goals in mind as well as a word/phrase of the year that keeps turning around in my head. Stay tuned. And I hope you are already off to a great 2019.



No comments:

Post a Comment