Wednesday, January 23, 2019

FTP retest!

I haven't done an FTP test in Trainer Road for a while. My biking is pretty bad and I want to focus on increasing my power output and my biking ability in general, so I am trying to keep a regular indoor riding routine with regular FTP testing.

I haven't done one since Halloween-ish and I was overdue so I psyched myself up all day. I got on the bike later than I would have liked after working late and running errands but I settled in. It got harder a LOT earlier than I remember it did last time, but I wanted to hang on for at least 22 minutes (not sure why that stuck in my head). I figured if I increased it by even 1% it would be a tiny success.

When I couldn't hold on any longer and tapped out I had increased it by about 15.5 percent. Yay! My goal is 26.5% by the end of the year, since that's what my first big increase last year was. It seems like I am well on my way.
Not pictured: All the pain, sweat, and swearing.



2 comments: