Monday, December 28, 2020

Week in review Dec. 21-27: Bike, PT, lift, repeat

I had a really good week of training last week. Even taking Christmas Day completely off training, since I only worked two days I had some extra time. I finished a strength/mobility challenge, and I rode a few extra trainer miles. I only got to run twice, but it was cold outside anyway, and twice felt like enough.

I was exhausted early in the week with trying to cram more-stressful-than-usual work days into holiday prep, but I managed two easy trainer rides after work Monday and Tuesday. I did either running PT or mobility every day except Christmas, and finished my Strengthmas challenge. It resulted in one extra strength day after my usual strength day, which I usually never do, but I figured erring on the side of additional strength the day before Christmas was OK.

I skipped a Christmas run because I wanted to relax and because it was FREEZING. I did go out Wednesday and got caught in a random RAIN storm. In December! What the heck! I actually had given up and called my husband for a ride home, but as he was pulling up the skies cleared. I felt bad for making him come out to get me but he had been nearby anyway, and I was able to do an additional 7 miles, so wins all around. It also snowed/iced/hailed on me yesterday, Sunday, during my run. Apparently whenever I go out it starts precipitating something on me. I wanted to do 6 yesterday to hit 15 for the week, but it got colder and windier the longer I was out, and I ended up with 6.25 because I decided I'd rather run the additional 0.25 home than finish early and have to walk longer. Ha!

Overall, it was:
Lots of biking, and good amounts of other stuff.
Bike: Four times, all on the trainer, for 75 fake trainer miles in a hair less than 5 hours. This is feeling good. Santa is bringing me a late delivery of two new pairs of bike shorts, so soon I hope to be able to do laundry a bit less often.

PT/Pre-hab: A bit confusing with some Strengthmas days being more strength and others being more mobility, but I figured this was 6 times total, 3 mobility (1 with Strenghtmas) and 3 PT (1 with Strengthmas), for 3 hours total.

Weights: Again, a little confusing, but I'm counting this as 3 times: 1 online barre + Strengthmas, 1 heavy/body session, and 1 Strengthmas-only session, for about 2:55.

Run: Twice, both on the road, for 15.25 rainy/snowy miles in about 2:35.

Yoga: Two solo sessions for about 30 minutes total.

Total: 17 sessions in a hair less than 14 hours. A great week for me.

I am doing plenty of lazing around, television watching, and coffee drinking this week off, but I am also doing boring adult stuff like cleaning. I'm hoping this strange week between the holidays will be a good mix of a bit more training than usual, a bit more relaxing than usual, getting some sleep, taking care of some home projects, and other stuff I've been putting off.

Hopefully you are celebrating these holidays how you want, whether that's a solo ultra or laying on the couch, or something in between.



No comments:

Post a Comment