Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Pre-holiday week in review for Dec. 14-20

Still a pretty good week, considering.
I am just trying to make it through the holiday over here. Even though Christmas is WAY toned down this year, I still had work to wrap up, cards to send out, and packages to mail. I still have a few oddball presents to pick up here and there and one gift to finish crocheting, but I think I can do it.

The good news is I'm done with work for the year and can relax for the next week and a half. It's supposed to get colder for Christmas, so hopefully that will inspire people to stay indoors and keep their germs to themselves.

Last week was a bit of a struggle. I am still going strong-ish with my Monday and Tuesday trainer rides. I wanted to run on Wednesday, and went out for an easy lap around my neighborhood even though it was snowing, slippery and cold. It actually wasn't that bad once I got going, but I kept it short and easy to keep the risk of falling on my face relatively low.

I knew I had to work late Thursday, so I just planned on an easy-ish ride afterward. Friday ended up going much later than expected, I didn't get to run outside before the sun set, and my brain was just fried, so I called it and made it a rest/Christmas planning day. I am bummed I didn't get to run that day, but I was exhausted and the rest day did me good.

I was able to rally and finish strong-ish for the weekend and even do boring adult things like go grocery shopping and clean (a little). It wasn't a rock star week, but I got the important stuff done and even had a little fun in the process.

It was:

Bike: Four times, all on the trainer, for 71 fake trainer miles in about 4:36. I got a little spoiled the week before taking Thursday and Friday off and getting in one longer trainer ride, so this is probably what's going to be standard for the time being.

PT/Pre-hab:
This was a bit different last week because I'm still doing my 12 Days of Strengthmas, and some of those sessions are more mobility-focused and some are more strength-focused. But as best as I can figure for my own records that no one will see nor care about, I did five sessions: 2 mobility with Strenghtmas, 2 PT with Strengthmas, and 1 solo Strengthmas, for about 2:55.

Weights: Again, a bit off the usual considering Strengthmas, but I'm calling it at 1 video + Strengthmas and one big Strengthmas session with additional chinups, pushups, and abs for about 1:50 all around.

Run: Twice, both outside in the snow and/or cold, for 10 miles in about 1:44. Since Wednesday's run was quick, snowy, and cold, I wanted to run 6 on Sunday for the sole purpose of hitting double digits for the week. Haha.

Yoga: Twice for 30 minutes total.

Total: 15 sessions for about 11:34. Still pretty good considering work, holiday stress, weather, and the sun setting at a ridiculously early hour, so I'll chalk that up as a success.

Even though I am exhausted I managed to start off the week strong, and now I can relax a bit and focus on Christmas and taking care of myself. I have errands (hopefully the last pre-holiday) to run this morning, and then I can do a nice run and strength workout, and hopefully finish my crochet project. Christmas Eve should be more of the same: Tying up loose ends, getting in a nice workout, doing a little holiday baking, and relaxing. We're not doing anything TOO wild but I am planning on baking and cooking a few special things.

I hope you are relaxing this week and celebrating whatever your holiday of choice however you want. The silver lining to the pandemic is you don't have to interact with anyone you don't want to, and can make and eat whatever you want without judgement!



No comments:

Post a Comment