Sunday, December 27, 2020

A very restful Christmas

I have been in a pretty good routine with riding the trainer and running when I can get outside, but I took Christmas Day completely off.

I spent the day sleeping in, making pancakes and bacon, finally finishing up a crochet project, dropping off presents at both sets of parents (we wore masks and stayed outside, much to the disappointment of our dogs who just wanted to play with THEIR toys and sleep on THEIR couches), cooking, watching Christmas movies, and relaxing. It was pretty awesome.

I wish I could have gotten the leaves to lie flatter, but my mom seemed to like it.

I did a pulled pork in the slow cooker, cabbage braised in the juices, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and gravy. Everything was delicious.

Daisy enjoyed the snow.
CC had the right idea.
I was back at it yesterday with a nice ride and weights workout, and the weather is a bit warmer today so I'll probably go for a run.

I hope you had a good holiday, whatever you celebrate, and are rested and ready to get back at it... or not. That's fine too.



No comments:

Post a Comment