Monday, May 25, 2020

Week in review May 18-24: Weather and work make for a lighter week

Even a pretty good week is still good.
It wasn't as good a week for training as I have been logging recently, but I was due for a step back week anyway. It was pouring rain Monday, and I had a work event Thursday night, and both nights I was just like "nah." I could have done some lunchtime run finagling but I decided I would feel better to take a couple days off rather than stress myself out trying to fit everything in.

I didn't mean for both skipped days to be easy run days, but that's how it ended up working out. I figured I'd rather move a ride to Friday than try to run Friday night and Saturday afternoon. Eh, whatever. It's not like I have any races coming up, so I can pretty much do what I want anyway.

It shook out to be:

Bike: Three times, all on the trainer, for 57 fake trainer miles in about 3:46. Nothing special here, just an easy ride, a harder ride, and a longer ride.

Run: Twice, both on the road, for 20.75 miles in about 3:20. This was a long run on a beautiful day and a speed run that felt pretty good.

Weights: One round of my heavy/body routine for about 1:20.

PT: Twice through my homework routine for about 1:10.

Yoga: Two solo sessions for about a half hour total.

Total: 10 sessions for about 10:06. Not terrible!

I'm totally fine with "only" a 10-hour week after two 14-hour weeks. I still had some good runs, some good rides, and lifted some good weights. Hopefully I am rested and ready to take on another week.




No comments:

Post a Comment