Monday, May 4, 2020

Week in review April 27-May 3: Slow start, decent finish

A pretty good all-around mix.
Last week was moderately good. I got off to a slow-ish start and it rained on my furlough/long run day, but I was still able to get in a decent amount of training.

I hit my goals of my three trainer rides and two weights workouts, and almost hit my goals with three runs and two sessions of PT. Considering I don't have any races to train for and I don't want to overdo my immune system, I think it was a pretty good balance.

A couple of non-training healthy victories were eating dinner in every night (SO. MANY. DISHES.) and lazing around and relaxing both Saturday and Sunday morning. There was also a LOT of dog walking in the mornings and at lunchtime, and on the weekend when it his 80 damn degrees on Saturday. The dogs are the real winners here.

In all, last week shook out to be:

Bike: Three times, all on the trainer, for 56 fake trainer miles in about 3:43. I am keeping up with the two, 1-hour long rides and one 1.5-hour-ish ride for now, although I spun for a few extra minutes during my long ride to hit an even 25 miles just because.

Run: Three times, all on the road, for 22.5 miles in about 3:42. This was an easy run, a moderate moderate (mid-distance, mid-pace) of 9 running miles for something resembling a long run on Thursday, and a speedy-ish run on Saturday where I just ran at "faster than normal" for 7 miles. I wasn't setting any records this week, but that was fine.

Weights: Twice, one online barre class and one heavy/body weight routine, for about 2 hours total. Yay, two weights workouts in one week! Although it rained all day on my furlough day and I cleaned the bathroom instead of trying to go for a run, I DID make time for a barre class, and that was nice.

PT: Twice for about 1:10 total.

Yoga: Once for about 20 minutes. I was using the Down Dog app occasionally, but they moved away from their free model, sad face. I am going to do the math and decide if I want to continue. It seems kind of silly since I'm still paying for a gym membership I'm not using, but maybe spending some money will encourage me to actually use it.

Swim/Dryland: One 15-minute session to warm up for Saturday's weights workout.

Total: 12 sessions in about 11 hours, 10 minutes. Not fantastic, but still pretty darn good, and a pretty darn good variety of disciplines to keep things rounded out.

I am trying to be kind to myself during this pandemic because dealing with all the stress, worry, working from home anxiety, sadness over not seeing my parents, etc. hits me harder some days. If I can fit in a few good runs, rides, and lifting sessions, I am doing pretty OK.

I hope you all are staying safe and healthy. I know I say that every week, but I mean it.

And some pictures of the aforementioned spoiled mutts, for good measure, doing what they do best.







No comments:

Post a Comment