Monday, May 18, 2020

Week in review May 11-17: More quarantraining and some good running

Almost exactly the same as last week, and I'm OK with that.
It was another really good week last week, pretty much a repeat of the week before. I got lucky with good weather, few work issues, and no body issues other than a bit of residual soreness.

I took it "easy" with "only" an easy run on Friday, but every other day I doubled or tripled up. So for two weeks in a row now, I've hit just over 14 hours of training, which is a LOT for me.

But don't worry too much. It's raining today and I haven't done anything, so expect lower numbers next week. XD

Anyway, last week's totals were:

Run: Four times, all on the road, for 32 miles in about 5:13. This was two easy runs, a long run of 12.75 miles (2 hours, then rounded up to the nearest quarter mile), and a speed run that blew away any expectations.

I realize it's kind of silly and pointless to do long runs and speed runs right now, but it's giving me something to look forward to among the gloom and doom, and I don't feel I'm stressing my immune system, so I'm going to keep going for a bit. Maybe there will be a fall half or a virtual race that I can jump into.

Bike: Three times, all on the trainer, for 55 fake trainer miles in about 3:40. This IS something I'm willing to cut back on since the chance of triathlons or duathlons taking place this year is pretty small. I don't DISLIKE the bike; I hop on the trainer, watch a few episodes of The Office, and call it a day. I'm not sure yet about outdoor riding logistics this season, so that will have to wait for a bit if it does happen.

Weights: Twice, one video and one of my heavy/body weight routines, for about 2:25. I did kind of half-ass my video after my long run Wednesday, but I worked hard during my heavy/body session. I am getting stronger on my chinups and pullups! Also, moderately embarrassing, I dusted off my old ThighMaster and ButtMaster because I figured if I was running extra mileage and working to strengthen my glutes, why not circle back to some old reliables?

PT: Three sessions of homework plus rolling out my quads and calves for about 1:45.

Swim/dryland: Two rounds of dryland moves with exercise bands to warm up for weights or throw in something different.

Yoga: Twice for about 30 minutes total.

Total: 16 sessions in a hair longer than 14 hours.

I'm pretty pleased with last week but I am ready to take it a bit easier this week. I'm still looking at a long run on my furlough day, some speed work, some trainer riding, and some lifting, but maybe not quite as intensely. We'll see how the week goes and how much rage I have to burn off.

Stay healthy!



No comments:

Post a Comment