Sunday, May 24, 2020

On the run, but stopping to take pictures

I'm still doing my "long" runs of about 2 hours for sanity's sake. I zone out, catch up on my podcasts, and get some fresh air and sunshine.

But, I decided that since I'm not going to be racing any time soon, I can stop and take as many pictures as I want. Too many times I've run past a pretty sunset in a puddle, or a funny bird, and I think "I'll get a pic of that on my next lap," and whatever it is is long gone by then.

So, some of the pictures I've been taking lately:
From earlier in the season -- that's a snow cloud over the Detroit River.
Goslings!
One of a couple flyovers we've had recently.
There was an eagle in the trees, but I couldn't get my phone out fast enough. 
Pretty sunset.
Apple blossoms! The Ambassador Bridge to Canada is in the background.
Not sure what blossom this is, probably cherry, but it was pretty.
Awesome sign I saw.
No snow on this day, just sunshine.
I hope that if you are still able to run, you are finding some joy in your runs, whether that's in the form of pretty blossoms, or cool birds, or time with your stay-at-home-partner, or fast miles, or whatever.



No comments:

Post a Comment