Monday, March 16, 2020

Week in review March 9-15: It was A Week

Moderate exercise is going to help keep me sane through all this.
Y'all, it was A Week last week.

Not only was I negotiating a major life change, but the effects of the coronavirus crisis really started making themselves known. I was under a lot of stress last week. I worked out every day except Friday, but I had to accept that trying to add anything else would be more stress than it was worth. I was already on edge all day and not sleeping all night.

So, I didn't do much except bike and run. But, I had three good runs, all outside, and none with significant pain. My rides were mostly OK, and I did one round of PT. I was feeling guilty about not going to the pool for a month, and then the virus got more widespread and we were told to stay home, and now the gym is closed, so I don't feel guilty anymore.

What I did accomplish was:

Bike: Three times, all on the trainer, for 63.5 fake trainer miles in about 4:06. I have been making Monday's ride a bit easier after a long ride Saturday and long run Sunday, and my legs have been appreciative.

Run: Three times, all on the road, for 18.75 miles in about 3:18. This was a very easy run with my husband, a "speed" run with some quarter-mile pickups thrown in between every mile, and a "long" run of 9 miles running.

PT: One round of my exercises for about 35 minutes.

Total: 7 sessions in almost exactly 8 hours.

It's going to get worse before it gets better. My fridge and freezer are full, my pantry is stocked, and hopefully I will be able to work from home starting later this week or next week at the latest. As long as we don't get a curfew I'll keep running outside (alone!) as long as I can, and riding my trainer and lifting weights inside. My barre studio is streaming some classes on social media, and I have a yoga app, so I'm hopeful I'll be able to stay active. If all else fails I have a kickboxing bag and pent-up energy.

Stay safe out there.



No comments:

Post a Comment