Monday, March 2, 2020

Feb. 24-March 1 week in review: Slowly and surely coming back from a bad cold

Easing back into a regular workout routine after a bad cold.
I knew I wasn’t going to be doing much last week, after recovering from a bad cold and fever late the week before. I stayed home Monday and rested, and felt stuffy enough in the head that I didn’t do any training Tuesday or Wednesday, either.

By Thursday I was feeling like myself again so did an easy-ish trainer ride after work. I was thrilled to get my blood moving and body sweating again, and felt like a new woman afterward. I would like to say I continued that momentum into Friday, but, alas, there may have been a happy hour and a family birthday celebration, and, alas, I was not dedicated enough to squeeze a run in between those two events.

I didn’t want to jump too quickly back into the swing of things, so I settled for an hour and a half trainer ride on Saturday before a frog-themed Leap Day party. The weather was warm-ish on Sunday, so I made sure to make time for an outdoor run later in the day. I wanted to run at least an hour, and my last “long” runs had been 7 miles almost two weeks earlier and 9 miles more than a month ago, so I decided that anything in the 6-8 range would be good. My knees started hurting a bit at about mile 5.5-6, so 7 was my lucky number yesterday. I knew I would want to stretch afterward so I blocked off a bit of time for yoga before bed, too.

In all, the week included:

Bike: Twice, both on the trainer, for 30 fake trainer miles in about 2:03.

Run: Once, OUTSIDE, for 7.5 miles total (7 running miles) in 1:18.

Yoga: Once for 15 minutes of mostly hips and hamstrings, which was MUCH needed

Total:
Four sessions for about 3:36.

I was happy to get anything at all in the books last week after getting so sick the week before, and I was proud of myself for not overdoing it and making myself sick again. It also felt good to take some time for fun after I got better, too.

Here’s hoping this coming week is much less eventful and much more germ-free.




No comments:

Post a Comment