Monday, March 23, 2020

Week in review March 16-22: I'm going to keep training as long as I can

A pretty good training week, all things considered.
Well, the dog doo really hit the fan this past week. On Monday I was a little concerned, by Wednesday I had a work laptop so I could WFH, and by Saturday we were fully social distancing and hunkered down at home.

Detroit is really getting hit hard with the COVID-19 virus and Michigan's numbers are shooting up. Our governor issued a stay at home order today, but she made exceptions for things like walking the dog and going for solo runs. So, as of now, I'm going to continue to do those things SAFELY as long as I can.

I really tried to make the most out of my extra free time last week since I didn't have to get ready for work or drive to the office. There were lots of dog walks, I tried a new-to-me yoga app, I did a bunch of PT, and I even tried some dryland swimming exercises. It was definitely an interesting week.

By the numbers, it was:

Bike: Three times, all on the trainer, for 62.5 fake trainer miles in about 4:08. Not my fastest week, since my legs felt tired on Saturday, but I got my three usual rides in, at least.

Run: Three times, all outside (on solo runs staying far away from everyone I saw), for 19.5 miles in about 3:18. This included one quick and easy run after a LONG day at work, a run during which I was angry at the world and ran some pretty decent-for-me paces, and a long run of 10 miles, the first time in two months I've done double digits. I feel like the run is coming along, again.

PT: Twice, my homework sessions followed by some rolling, for 1:10 total.

Weights: One online barre class followed by chinups and pullups for about 1 hour.

Yoga: Twice, once trying out the Down Dog app and once solo, for about 30 minutes total.

Swim/Dryland: Once trying out some dryland resistance band moves simulating swimming for about 15 minutes. (I did this as a warmup to some PT on a day I didn't do any other training). There are tons of exercises on YouTube so I hope to do more of these in the coming weeks.

Total: 12 sessions in about 10:21. My best week in a while! It's been about two months since I've hit the double-digit mark for hours trained, as well.

I didn't count the dog walking since that's not really training, although both dogs are currently passed out from five straight days of 1-2 hours of walks per day.
Not my dog, but hilariously accurate.
I have no idea how this week, or next week, or the week after that, is going to shake out. None of us do. It's probably going to get bad, and I might even get sick. Until then, I have my trainer, and I have my dog walks and outdoor rides, and I have my home weights videos and equipment. I'm going to keep training as long as I can do so safely.

Stay safe, stay healthy, stay inside as much as you can.



No comments:

Post a Comment