Friday, March 27, 2020

Stay home, stay safe, stay moving

We're doing as OK as we can during the pandemic. Our governor issued a "stay home, stay safe" order earlier this week and we are taking that to heart.

I've left the house only to walk the dogs and go on a couple runs. I interact with my husband, my work team, and that's about all. But, I'm an introvert and a homebody anyway, so it's not TOO much of a change for me.
I am definitely staying active during this time at home.
And, although there is a lot of stress eating potato chips, I have done pretty well with some healthy habits:

  • We've eaten at home every single meal for the past two weeks.
  • I've taken the dogs out for long walks every day, about 2.5 miles in the morning and other 1.5-2 at lunchtime, for the past nine days straight.
  • Related to above, I've worn my Garmin to track my steps every day, and today marked the sixth straight day I hit at least 10,000. Last Sunday, the last time I went on a "long" run, I set a new record for me of 30,000. And the reason I didn't hit 10,000 last Saturday is because I only went on one long dog walk and rode the trainer instead of running. Two hours on the trainer doesn't really help my step count, haha.
  • And, yesterday marked the 13th straight day of workouts. Some days it was only an easy run, some days I tripled up. I took a rest day today because I am TIRED, but I am getting a good mix of run, bike, weights, PT, and yoga.

I am hopeful that the extra workouts and dog walks balance out the eating and not sleeping from stress. Detroit's and Michigan's COVID numbers are getting really bad. But, I am going to stay as safe as I can for as long as can. The running, riding, and other activity is definitely helping with the mental aspect.

Stay healthy, everyone.



No comments:

Post a Comment