Thursday, November 22, 2018

Thankful

I hope you (Americans, anyway) had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I slept in, ate donuts and drank coffee, snuggled my mutts, went out to lunch (no cooking! no cleaning!), and drank my weight in mimosas. So, an awesome day.

It has been a struggle to come back to running after my injury last year. So, while I do my share of grumbling about workouts, I have been trying to remember that every time I run, ride my bike, lift weights, or even take my mutts out for a walk, there are lots of people who can't. A year ago I couldn't. And I am thankful that, right now, I can.

I am also thankful that I've found my racing team, TBD Racing, and that I'm a part of the team for another year. I love being a part of a team that is made up of normal people. We are all shapes and sizes, all talent and non-talent (raises hand), road runners, trail runners, cyclists, beginners, veterans, you name it. We support each other and cheer each other.
Part of the team for another year.
We have a lot to be thankful for, today and every day.





No comments:

Post a Comment