Monday, November 19, 2018

Week in review Nov. 12-18: A birthday celebration!

Two hours per sport was my sweet spot, apparently.
Last week was a light week for training, but for a good reason: My husband’s birthday was Saturday, and we spent much of the weekend celebrating. In fact, for TWO weeks in a row now, I have had plans both Friday night and all day Saturday. That is very unlike my natural hermit tendencies.

I went into last Monday already stressed out and I ended up making it a day off from training. I think I watched a movie and spent some time catching up on online stuff. It ended up being a wise move because I was able to train hard (well, hard-ish) for three straight days, doing doubles on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Friday and Saturday were also rest days from training with an early Christmas celebration with friends on Friday, and honoring the birthday boy all day Saturday.

I got to cut short my food prep on Sunday since I only work Monday-Wednesday this week, and we had birthday leftovers for dinner, so that freed up some time for a nice long-ish run and even a full round of PT. Yay! So, even though I only did workouts on four days this week, I made all four doubles with three PT sessions and one weights video. I definitely got some bang for my buck.

I managed to do both of my runs this week outside. I don’t think my hands ever warmed up yesterday, and I need a slightly warmer pair of running tights, but I survived. I was glad for the fresh air, but man oh man I can’t believe it’s this cold already and it’s not even Thanksgiving yet. I am going to need polar expedition equipment just to take the dogs out, come February.

Anyway, my totals were:

Bike: Twice, both on the trainer, for 26.5 trainer miles in just longer than 2 hours. I am enjoying being back on TrainerRoad… for now.

PT/Rehab: Three times at home for about 2 hours. This included two longer session and one shorter session, for the first time in a while I’ve done PT two days in a row.

Run/Walk: Twice, both on the road, for 10.6 miles in just shorter than 2 hours. Nothing out of the ordinary here, just trying to acclimate to winter running for as long as I can.

Weights: One video done right after a trainer ride for about 50 minutes after skipping the warmup.

Total: 8 sessions in about 6:50. That’s still almost an hour per day average, so I can’t be too mad about that.

And, honestly, it was better than I expected with three full days off. I’m in a good groove with a few solid workouts during the week and I hope to ride the momentum into Thanksgiving so I can preemptively burn off the turkey and goodies I am looking forward to enjoying. =)



No comments:

Post a Comment