Sunday, November 4, 2018

October in review: Boringly consistent

I live a pretty boring life and October was no exception. I didn't go on any vacations, and I didn't buy anything extravagant. The most exciting things I did was take a few days off to to a college football game, spend time with family when they were in town, and pass out candy to trick-or-treaters.

But I like boring and boring allows me to get lots of training in, which helps me stay sane. So yay for a nice, boring October.

I did go a couple of Fridays without doing any workouts at all. It rained a couple Fridays in a row and I just couldn't be bothered to get out of bed and face the gloominess. I was sick-ish one day, just so tired I needed to lounge on the couch and do nothing, and that helped me not get actually sick so hooray!

I also got into a routine of doing a short yoga session on Sunday evenings. It's not as much yoga as I should be doing but hey, it's something! And, I made it to the pool ... once. But hey, I made it.
October wasn't bad at all.
It worked out to be:

Bike: 10 times, all on the trainer, for 141.75 trainer miles in about 12 hours. I wish I could have ridden outside at least once but winter hit Michigan hard and fast. Boo.

Run: 10 times, all outside, for 50.2 miles in just longer than 9 hours. Hey, I'm getting there! This was the same mileage as last month in two fewer runs and a bit less time, so I'll consider that a slight improvement.

PT/Rehab: 11 times for 7.5 hours. I always wish I had done more rehab.

Weights: 5 times of 2 barre classes, 2 videos and 1 heavy/body solo session, for about 5:10. That's more than once per week so I can't be sad about that.

Yoga: 4 times for 1:15 total. This worked out to be a quick session every Sunday night

Swim: Once for 1750 yards in a bit less than an hour. Of course I'm going to be slow doing drills a couple of times a year, but at least I made it this month.

Total: 41 sessions in just less than 36 hours. 

I did log another fastest mile according to my Garmin, 8:25.5, and I continue to casually train with the goal of a half marathon in the spring and logging a sub-27:00 5K also per my Garmin. I have the occasional twinge in my knee or hamstring but I keep adding time and speed super slowly and I feel like I continue to get stronger. I've been pretty good at doing some kind of weight workout at least once per week, which I know is helping.

Overall, October was great. I'm hoping to build off that for a great November and holiday season.



No comments:

Post a Comment