Monday, November 26, 2018

Week in review Nov. 19-25: Surprise! When I have a few days off work, I train more

A pretty evenly balanced week.
OK, it isn’t much of a surprise, haha. I had a glorious four and a half days off work last week with Thanksgiving and Black Friday. Even though I didn’t do anything active on Thanksgiving besides eat, I was still able to log 12 sessions for the week, including my PT.

I got a solid start to the week with a trainer ride and weights video on Monday, and a run and PT on Tuesday. On Wednesday we were sent home early – hooray!!! – so of course I did a longer-than-usual trainer ride and more PT. I also squeezed in some Thanksgiving baking.

I chose to Opt Outside with a run instead of shop on Black Friday. It was miserable and rainy on Saturday, so we stayed in, I did another trainer ride and lifted weights, and we watched a few episodes of the new Narcos. I was able to round out the week with a long-ish run yesterday – it was perfect running weather! – and even more PT. I’m pretty sure this is the most PT I’ve done in a while.

By sport, it was:

Bike: Three times, all on the trainer, for 49.75 trainer miles in a bit less than 4 hours. Had I known I was that close to 50 I would have done another easy quarter mile somewhere in there.

Run/Walk: Three times, twice on the road and once on the treadmill, for 16.25 miles in a bit less than 3 hours. I made sure to get outside on Friday and Sunday because those are probably the last good outdoor running days I’ll have for a while.

PT: Four sessions, two longer and two shorter, of my take-home exercises for about 2.5 hours.

Weights: Two sessions, one video and one of my heavy and bodyweight routine, for about 2.25 hours.

Total: 12 sessions in about 11.5 hours. Not bad at all!

The best thing about having a few days off for Thanksgiving is that I got to do other stuff, too: Sleep in, finish an actual book, hang out with friends, bake, etc. It was hard getting out of bed and tackling the day today, but Christmas will be here before we know it. EEEEK!



No comments:

Post a Comment