Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Well, well. I'm on a racing team.

I was feeling very sorry for myself today. My knee has throbbed, clicked, caught, and hurt all day and I am worrying myself sick about my orthopedist appointment tomorrow. I'm equally worried that he'll say something is wrong or that he doesn't believe me and tells me nothing is wrong.

I depressed-ly got into bed with the mutts after work and was scrolling through Instagram when I remembered to check on the account for a new racing team I had applied for. Lo and behold, there was my name!!!!! My "congratulations" email had been diverted to my spam folder but my application has been accepted for 2018.
I'm a member of TBD Racing, officially meaning Tough By Design and The Best Damn racing team, but I also like TBD to mean to be determined, like your potential is still to be determined. =) This turned my whole evening around and I have spent the last hour following my teammates' (it feels weird to type that!) accounts and reading their intro stories.

This turned my whole evening around. I'm in a much better mood and now I REALLY have something to motivate me to figure out what's going on with my knee so I can fix it, rehab it, and get back to normal again.



No comments:

Post a Comment