Monday, August 13, 2018

Week in review Aug. 6-12: The theme was “crunched on time”

I was surprised I did this well considering how busy my week was.
Last week was one of those weeks when I felt like I didn’t have time to do anything. I feel like I was stuck running dumb errands on a couple of days. I watched election returns for most of Tuesday evening (and stayed up way too late) and had to work a special event on Friday evening. Honestly, I was thrilled I could do one workout per day.

The weekend was more fun: We spent Saturday evening with friends at a barbecue (the only kid that fell asleep before me was the 9 month old) and we had a massage appointment on Sunday. We met friends for brunch. We slept in. The weather was gorgeous and it was nice to be outside.

As a result of having plans every day, I was something of a drill sergeant during the “off” times. As in, we have to leave in an hour and a half, which means we need to leave RIGHT NOW for a run so we have time to shower. And, I don’t have time to do my PT AND lift weights before we leave for the barbecue, so I have to pick one.

Of course, I always wish I had more time, but I was happy with what I DID get done:

Bike: Three times, all on the trainer, for 34 fake trainer miles in a bit longer than 3 hours. This included a long ride on Saturday since I didn’t have time to take my bike anywhere for an outside ride.

Run: Three times, all on the road, for 11.3 miles in almost 2.5 hours. This included my fastest run/walk since I started running again in May. This was also the third week in a row I hit double-digit running mileage. Woo-hoo! I’ll celebrate all these small victories.

PT/Rehab: Twice, both solo rehab homework sessions, for about 1.5 hours. Not nearly enough.

Weights: Just one hour-long barre class.

Total: 9 sessions in just a hair less than 8 hours.

No swimming, no yoga, not enough PT, but my running and trainer riding is almost right where I want it. (I do wish I could have ridden outside once.) My knee feels good enough that I’m going to add another 30 seconds to my run intervals this week and, assuming that goes well, maybe try to run FIVE intervals once per week. The rest will be dependent on what I can get done when.

Other than that, I am hoping to fly under the radar this week so I can get in a few extra minutes of movement here and there. Unless someone else invites me to a barbecue. =)



No comments:

Post a Comment