Saturday, August 25, 2018

From a great week to a crappy week

Barre is the one thing I've been consistent with.
I knew it was going to be a rough week this week, but dang. Training has been pretty lax so far:

Monday I went to my barre class after work. Because we hung out with friends on Sunday, I had to catch up on food prep for the week afterward. I'm not complaining, because we had a great time, but I still had to adjust my schedule.

Tuesday I knew I had to work late into the evening so I did a trainer ride and some yoga before I went into the office.

Wednesday I had to work not so late into the evening, but because I was up late the night before, I couldn't rally to do anything in the morning. By the end of that day's event (who scheduled these back to back?) I was mentally over pretty much everything.

Thursday we met friends of ours at the pool. I wanted to get there early and do some laps, but I left work late (sense a pattern here?) and got literally less than one lap in before everyone showed up. Oh, well.

Friday I was finally able to rally for an after work run-bike-run brick. I am thinking about a duathlon next weekend and wanted to see how my knee (and the rest of my body) felt after doing a couple things back to back. It actually went much better than expected and I'm keeping an eye on the weather for that day in anticipation of signing up. It would be my first du so automatic PR, right? =)

Today is rainy and gross so I am staying inside. I hope to get in a long ride, some weights, and some PT, but I have to squeeze in errands today since I'm probably going to see family tomorrow. UGH! Why can't everyone come to me and cater to MY schedule? I kid, I kid.

Some weeks, like last week, are great. Some weeks, like this week, I'm just hanging on. I'll try to get in some good sessions today but at this point I'll take whatever I can get.



No comments:

Post a Comment