Friday, August 31, 2018

50 running miles!

I did a quick run this afternoon to make 50 for the month!
Slow, steady build since I started running again.
It may not seem like a big deal but it was only a few months ago when I was running zero miles per month, thanks to a fissure in the articular cartilage in my left knee.

Almost all of them were run/walks, but I cut my walking from 5:00/2:00 intervals to 5:30/1:30 with no problems. And I did have a couple of straight runs, which I wasn't able to do a few months ago. So, I'm happy with my progress.

My overall pace has also improved as I shorten the walking intervals and lengthen the running intervals, bit by bit:
I'm getting closer to an actual running pace!
As long as my knee continues to cooperate, I am hopeful that I am FINALLY on the path toward being an actual runner once again.



No comments:

Post a Comment