Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Week in review Jan 8-14: Just PT for me

I've been doing a lot of this lately.
Here’s a quick and delayed week in review for last week since I didn’t do much, anyway. I was out of town part of the week for a family funeral, and even after I was back at home I was still spending time with family in from out of state. Although circumstances weren’t the best, we also had good times catching up, telling stories, and passing around embarrassing pics – of which there were many.

As a result of all the running around I only made it to physical therapy once and did my glute-strengthening moves three times on my own. After my session Tuesday my therapist gave me three more exercises to do at home, adding to the one I was already doing. This made me remember the reason why I have a hard time sticking with a pre-hab routine in the first place: It takes a lot of time to keep your glutes, core, hamstrings, hip flexors, etc. in shape. Or, at least, for me to get MINE in shape.

I am up to about a half-hour now and although I am committed, it is going to take some finagling and perhaps some redistribution of available time to get the job done. In the future, it may be necessary to cut workouts short so I can do my strengthening moves afterward. We’ll see.

Anyway. By the numbers, it was:

PT/re-hab: Four sessions, one with the physical therapist and three times on my own, for about 2 hours, 10 minutes.

Nothing special, but at least I have something on the board. Hopefully this week will be much less exciting and I can get in a few solid workouts and rehab sessions.



No comments:

Post a Comment