Sunday, January 21, 2018

My knee is hurting again.

My knee hasn't been cooperating this week. Friday it was achy in the joint, and PT felt hard. Any lateral movements hurt, especially the side steps up onto a stair.
Icing: One of the few things that doesn't hurt.
Yesterday it hurt to walk. Today it is painful standing in the kitchen while I food prep for the week. It hasn't locked up again, yet. I was food prepping when it locked up the first time and I have been living in fear of it locking up again.

I got sucked into the rabbit hole of looking at my old Instagram pictures and it makes me so sad to see that a few years ago I was running, swimming, biking, doing tris, and all sorts of other fun stuff. Now I can barely stand.

I'm angry, depressed and frustrated this is happening to me. And part of me is afraid the PT isn't going to do anything and that fissure in my cartilage will prevent me from running ever again.

Maybe I just need to be patient. It's hard to be optimistic when I feel like I'm playing the one step forward, two steps back game. Ugh.



No comments:

Post a Comment