Monday, May 1, 2017

Week in review April 24-30: Decent running

Not a bad week for running. Other stuff, meh.
This past week was a decently solid week of training, for once, as far as running goes at least.

The weather held most of the week and I was able to get in four solid runs outside, including an almost-12-miler. I got on the bike trainer once and went to barre class once, which I’m happy with.

I am still finding it hard to fit in much else. I haven’t done any yoga or pre-hab in a few weeks, I haven’t swum yet this year, and I definitely could be doing more biking and weight-lifting. I shoot for one solid workout every work day evening and maybe doubles Saturday and Sunday if I have the time, and that’s about where I’m at right now. I’m trying to make the most of what I have time for.

It helped that I didn’t have too many commitments this past week. I had to spend some time food prepping Monday since I had something going on the previous Sunday, and I had a family event this Saturday night. I spent some time working in the garden on Saturday, which is another thing to be competing with my free time in the coming months.

By the numbers, last week was:

Run: Four times, all on the road, for 31.75 miles in a bit longer than 5 hours.

Bike: One trainer ride for about 1.5 hours. The Edge put that at 18.75 miles.

Weights: One barre class of about an hour and another session of abs that I had run out of time to complete last week. Barely counts, but I logged it separately in Daily Mile.

Total: 7 sessions (counting that abs session) in about 7 hours, 41 minutes. Still averages out to more than an hour a day, so it can’t be that bad.

This week will be interesting. There’s a nearby 5K Friday I want to run, and one of my usual summer cycling routes closes to car traffic on Saturday. BUT it looks like I’ll have a family event Saturday night and a friend event Sunday afternoon, so I may have to do some schedule finagling yet again.

UGH! I really struggle with finding the time for everything. I have to be happy with getting in what I can and maybe win the lottery some day. How many tri bikes can I buy with Mega Millions?



No comments:

Post a Comment