Saturday, May 20, 2017

Not one, but TWO outdoor rides

I had a few hours Thursday after work, and it was a nice day, so I decided to take my new bike out for its first ride with me! Since it was our first ride together, I wasn't sure if there were any underlying problems, so I stuck to a few easy laps around our island park.
This was taken going 0 miles per hour.
Everything went OK! I definitely have to get used to it, but it was fun and I felt pretty comfortable.

Saturdays during the summer, there is a 7-mile stretch of road nearby that closes to traffic, so I headed out today. Everything went OK, again! It was a cool but sunny day, and the headwind about killed me on the way back in, but I did a relatively easy 30 miles. It's nice to see I can still bang out 30 without too much fuss.
Also taken going 0 miles per hour.
Hilariously, this is the second bike I've bought used where the previous owners have thrown in the Cateye computer as a freebie. This is also the second Cateye computer I've inherited that I have no idea how to use.

Also hilariously, I didn't swap out the pedals, so I used cages for these two rides. I know my way around a wrench, but I suspected that since I THOUGHT the job would take me 10 minutes, it really would take me an hour and a half, and I would lose my window of the road being closed to traffic.

Also, my bike needs a name. He needs to be a boy so I can make inappropriate jokes, and he's white and blue. Any suggestions? I was thinking Jon Snow, but Vanilla Ice also made me laugh.



No comments:

Post a Comment