Monday, January 25, 2016

Week in review Jan. 18-24: Busy bee

A bit of everything.
It was a busy week last week, but I was able to get in a decent amount of training, entertain a houseguest, work late one evening and even eat and sleep occasionally. Whew!

(Side note: How on earth is it February next week? Seriously?)

I swam, biked and ran twice each, did a decent amount of pre-hab, and even lifted. Sadly, my yoga was MIA this week. I really need to work that back in the schedule this week and every week.

By the numbers:

Swim: Twice, both in the pool, for 6000 meters total in about 2.5 hours. I got to the pool a few minutes later than I would have liked one day, so I had to cut my swim a bit short. I had one of my best swims in a while the other day, with consistent, fast-for-me 100s on only 7 seconds rest. Reaching through and pulling the water seems to be making a difference.

Bike: Twice, both on the trainer, for a bit longer than 3 hours total. Eh, nothing special here: A shorter session of big-ring intervals, and longer session of small-ring intervals to change it up a bit.

Run: Twice, once on the treadmill and once on the road, for 5 miles in about 55 minutes. I am still taking it very slow to get back into the swing of things. My treadmill run was OK; my IT band still bothered me close to the end. My road run was a lot more fun since it was a family outing with my husband and my crazy lab mix. She literally bark-screamed when she realized she was going for a run with both of us – best dog day ever. It was brisk but not too cold and although I got a few twinges in my IT band, they went away shortly afterward and I was able to finish 3 miles with no problem.

Pre-hab: One cycle all the way through – hips, glutes, and ankles-arches-toes – in about 1.5 hours spread through the week.

Weights/plyo: One heavy/body weight lifting session for about an hour, and one session of my plyo moves for about 20 minutes.

Total: 11 sessions in about 9 hours, 17 minutes. Not bad!

It was a decent week, especially considering I took two days completely off training. I love my cousin dearly, and I’m happy to host her for the occasional weekend, but I will be happy to have my Friday nights back. I have a couple evening events scheduled for this week, so I’m not expecting major volume. I just want to do the work so I have a nice base come spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment