Monday, November 16, 2015

Week in review Nov. 9-15: Not sucking quite so much

Still very low volume, but anything would be an improvement.
Well, it was still a crappily low-volume week, but just about anything would have been better than last week's 35 minutes.

I have all the usual excuses of a work event one night, family in town two other nights, picking up my car from the dealership another night, needing to bake a birthday cake for my husband, blah blah blah. Obviously I've really been struggling to get training back into my regular schedule.

I didn't try to run this past week. I decided I'm going to give it another good few weeks off, through my mini-vacation this weekend and the Thanksgiving holiday. I'll try again in December and if my IT bands feel good, I'll add mileage back in slowly. In the meantime, I need to get my butt busting (literally) on pre-hab glute moves.

Last week by the numbers:

Bike: One session for 60 minutes. I got almost to the hour mark before my IT band started hurting.

Pre-hab: Two sessions for about 40 minutes total. In all I did most of my glute moves and some hip moves, spread out through the week.

Yoga: Two sessions for 15 minutes each, just long enough to stretch out the hamstrings and hips.

Total: Five sessions for 2 hours, 10 minutes.

I'm still a LONG way from where I want to be, but taking it super easy for another few weeks isn't going to kill me. It may even end up being good for my IT bands in the long run. So I'm trying not to get too depressed and think of it as a slow comeback, instead.

Very slow, but still, a comeback.

No comments:

Post a Comment