Monday, November 30, 2015

A quick weeks in review for Nov. 16-22 and 23-29

I’ve had my fun, and now it’s time to get back to work.

My vacation is over. Thanksgiving is over. My husband’s and my birthdays are over. The two-week eating free-for-all is over.

Most importantly, the training lapse is over. I want to do something, even if it’s 15 minutes of yoga, every day from Thanksgiving to Christmas. So far, I’m 5 for 5. Hooray!

It felt amazing to work up a sweat on the bike Saturday, and I could barely get through a Jillian Michaels video yesterday. Oof – I have a lot of work to do.

But I know I can do it. I’ve been in varying states of “out of shape” many times before. With focus, commitment and more than a little stubbornness, I’ll be less out of shape before too long.

For posterity, the last two weeks in review:

Nov. 16-22

Yoga: 15 minutes

Yes, that’s it. It was a crazy week of celebrating my husband’s birthday and going on vacation – sadly, nowhere warm. I didn’t bother to bring workout clothes. I walked a bunch but not enough to count as traning.

Nov. 23-29
Hey, a nice variety last week.
Bike: 60 minutes on the trainer.

Weights: 55 minutes of a more-painful-than-I-remember Jillian Michaels video (No More Trouble Zones). I had to use 5-pound weights for 99% of it and had to modify all my planks. Several times, I was legitimately concerned I would barf. Let’s just say there is lots of room for improvement.

Pre-hab: About 35 minutes in two sessions, one of my hip-strengthening moves and one of the glute exercises not covered in Jillian Michaels’ torture session video.

Yoga: 20 minutes.

Total: Five sessions in about 2:50:00. A far cry from my heavier training weeks, but still! I'm moving in the right direction.

This coming week, my focus will be building on that success in two easy steps: 1. Quit eating junk and 2. Get my butt moving again. I am determined to make this December a healthy one.

No comments:

Post a Comment