Monday, November 9, 2015

Week in review Nov. 2-8: Another pile of (almost) nothing

Another week maxing out at 35 minutes of training.
Another week down, another seven days of very little training.

It wasn't ALL my fault. I tried to go for a run last Monday, but very quickly my left knee was in quite a bit of pain. OK, so running is still out for the time being. Then I had an evening eye doctor appointment. Then my computer died and I had to waste an evening at the repair shop. I FINALLY finished up my volunteer project. Then a family friend was in town.

Excuses, excuses, excuses.

This week was a simple...

Run: 1 mile in 10:16 to give my knee a test. It failed. I headed home. I also took the mutts for a nice long walk yesterday. That also hurt my knee. I'm very discouraged.

Pre-hab: Because the reason my knees are wonky is probably related to my lack of pre-hab, I did about 25 minutes of hip and glute moves one day this week.

Total: A pathetic 35 minutes.

Here's one more excuse: I am at work right now waiting for an evening event to start, so training today is pretty much out. But I have the whole rest of the week to try to ease back into my routine -- no more projects, no eye appointments, and no more evening events after today.

I'm starting to not feel like myself because of this almost-zero training. A few months ago I was putting in 15 hours a week of swim/bike/run! Maybe I am just depressed because it gets dark at about 4:45 p.m. now. This week, I really want and need to start getting back into a training routine, even if I can't run. My sanity needs it.

No comments:

Post a Comment